none
Time Trigger stops Web job trigger after few executions or may be parallel another execution. RRS feed

• Question

• My code contains 7 Time triggers with different time intervals. Some times any of them execution does not complete and after that call, same Time Trigger stops Trigger and that code never executes.

Repro steps

Daily once it is happening with any one of the Time Trigger.
    Normally Every Time Trigger takes 5 to 10 sec to complete execution.
    I have mentioned TimeOut property to 30 min.

Expected behavior

I have logs for every Time Trigger entry and exit. If any code takes more than 30 min. then it should stop execution and next time it should Trigger.

Actual behavior

My code contains 7 Time triggers with different time intervals. Some times any of them execution does not complete and after that call, same Time Trigger stops Trigger and that code never executes.
    Daily once it is happening with any one of the Time Trigger.

Known workarounds

I have to restart web jobs manually to daily after coming to office. And it works fine after web job restart.

Related information

I am using below version.
    Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Extensions, Version=1.0.1.0

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>Some times any of them execution does not complete and after that call, same Time Trigger stops Trigger and that code never executes.

What you used to execute? Synchronization or asynchronous waiting?

>>same Time Trigger stops Trigger and that code never executes.

Without the code, I am not sure what caused the error. 

I try to reproduce your scenario, but could not get the same error like yours. Please provide some code sample for us to test.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:47 AM