Publishing to Azure Websites no longer works RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

I've been using lightswitch and publishing to Azure websites for awhile now and have just come across a new error.  The error is this after publishing my app to a newly created site:

Load operation failed for query 'GetAuthenticationInfo'. Exception of type 'System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.DomainOperationException' was thrown.

I only get this on the Silverlight client, html client is ok.  Error is thrown after loading but before login page is displayed.  Lately I've been publishing this app to IIS due to some performance issues I was having with Azure.  I've redone several parts and wanted to give Azure another try but now am getting this.  I went through this post and followed Dave Kidders fix, after doing this I can no longer build my app, I get an assembly version error:

Error 1 Assembly 'Microsoft.LightSwitch.Base.Server, Version=11.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' uses 'Microsoft.Data.Services, Version=5.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Services, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\LightSwitch\v3.0\Server\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Base.Server.dll Server

I think the only thing I have changed to VS2012 build is installing update #4, past that I haven't added anything else.  App still deploys and works fine via IIS.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the Error 1 message, you could delete Microsoft.LightSwitch.Base.Server.DLL from the bin folder, and check whether it can fix it.  

If it still has same issue, please let me know, we will look into it furtherly.

Best regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, March 17, 2014 6:44 AM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 7:30 AM