Downtime North Europe RRS feed

• Question

• We have 2 separate accounts hosted in Northern Europe that both died simultaneously, did this happen for everyone?

Switching to a staging site brought one back but the other site had to wait for it to come back on it's own accord.

Is it possible to have different Instances hosted in different regions?

Friday, September 3, 2010 12:59 PM

Answers

• You can see the current status of the various Azure services in the various datacenters here.

There was a new Azure Guest OS released this week which is being migrated into the datacenters. Azure Services configured with auto upgrade will experience instance upgrades. Any service with only a single instance will probably experience some downtime as that upgrade happens.

Currently it is not possible to host instances of an Azure Service in more than one datacenter.

• Marked as answer by ChuckB73 Friday, September 3, 2010 3:54 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 3:08 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Chuck,

I don't know the answer to your question, but perhaps windows azure support can give you a concise answer.

If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer. Regards, Patriek
    Friday, September 3, 2010 2:41 PM
  • You can see the current status of the various Azure services in the various datacenters here.

There was a new Azure Guest OS released this week which is being migrated into the datacenters. Azure Services configured with auto upgrade will experience instance upgrades. Any service with only a single instance will probably experience some downtime as that upgrade happens.

Currently it is not possible to host instances of an Azure Service in more than one datacenter.

• Marked as answer by ChuckB73 Friday, September 3, 2010 3:54 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 3:08 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Neil, the auto upgrade makes sense. If I had two instances of the application running would the auto upgrade do one at a time?
    Friday, September 3, 2010 4:01 PM
  •  If I had two instances of the application running would the auto upgrade do one at a time?

Yes. This is explained here.

Friday, September 3, 2010 4:05 PM
    Answerer