none
How to get Cost Rate Table rates in Reporting Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are implementing Project Server 2010. We have a inhouse developed Invoicing Application; and we use Actual Hours and Resource Rates in Invoicing Application.

In Project, we use Cost Rate Tables (B thru E) to capture different Client contracted rates for resources. I am not able to see this "Cost Rate Table" data assigned for the specific assignment in "Reporting Database". Could you please suggest if we can get this data through Reporting DB and which tables/views should I look for?

Appreciate your help!

Kishore Dodda
    Friday, April 1, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the RDB for cost related reports. Although cost rate information is not available in the RDB, the cost of an assigment and a task is available in the RDB. For example the tables MSP_EpmAssignment and MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay cotain cost information for each assignment (the result of cost rate x work).

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    • Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, April 1, 2011 10:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jim Corbin Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:37 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Kishore,

Unfortunately, Cost Rate Table data is not available in the Reporting database.

The resource rate tables are stored as a binary blob in the database and cannot be retrieved using a SQL query. You can access cost rate tables programmatically using PSI (enterprise resources only) or VBA in Project. So if you really need to have cost rate data available in a database, you could deveop a PSI application to retreive the data in a database table. Or you could create a macro that stores cost rate data into a database table on every save.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Friday, April 1, 2011 9:13 PM
  • Hans,

Thank you for your time. Actually, I am not looking for the whole table...but, In Project Pro, we have a way to assign a particular "Cost Rate Table" to an assignment right, so, such an assignment rate also not accessible from Reporting DB? I dont need the table per say, I just need if any non-default table (B thru E) is assigned to an assignment, I should get that rate rather than the default rate.

You are right, I saw a column RES_RATES_TABLE in MSP_RESOURCES table in Published Database, but dont see anything like that in RDB. If this info is not available in RDB, we basically cant use RDB for Cost Related reports. Am I right?

Please suggest.

Kishore Dodda
    Friday, April 1, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Hi,

You can use the RDB for cost related reports. Although cost rate information is not available in the RDB, the cost of an assigment and a task is available in the RDB. For example the tables MSP_EpmAssignment and MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay cotain cost information for each assignment (the result of cost rate x work).

I hope this helps,
    Hans

• Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, April 1, 2011 10:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jim Corbin Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:37 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Thank you Hans. This helps. We tried these tables, but there was some error on the Approval and we were not seeing the data in Actuals...and we fixed the Timesheet Approval issue, and as you mentioned, we see the cost info from these tables.

Appreciate your help!

Kishore Dodda
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:39 PM
  • Hi all,

I am actually need to confirm that the cost rate table data is not available through SQL query ? I actually only need the cost rate value (A,B,C,D). I did actually read this information via a macro before but now I need to read it through an store procedure.

So are those accessible via Sql or only PSI, Macro

Thank you

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:32 PM
  • I have the same issue I need to retrieve cost data with effective date data out of the Reporting DB has anyone solved this?

Donald R. Landry

Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:20 PM