none
Missing node in SAP response message - was set on request RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi everyone,

    I have a workflow with a SAP send / receive port. Within this port I used to call a BAPI with a schema generated in Visual Studio (so all normal I guess). I have several request nodes that represent a table parameter in SAP. I'm passing all of them with the same syntax: <rfc:MYNODE />

    Now all nodes are filled when returned but one node is left blank.

    When I execute the BAPI directly in SAP the tables parameter returns 11 values.

    One line of this parameter would look like this:

    VBELN | TDFORMAT | TXLINE

    4711 | * | My text line with information

     

    Does anyone have an idea?

     

    Kind regards

    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:16 PM

All replies

  • Have seen a similar case that was caused by SE37 converting any invalid numeric value to 0. I'd like to suggest you capture netmon traces to determine if the returned data back from SAP has been Null or blank yet.

    Thanks,


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:33 AM
    Moderator
  • Just an idea...

    Ensure that “GenerateFlatFileCompatible” is set to true
    http://kentweare.blogspot.com/


    Thanks, Raja
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:46 AM
  • Yes, the data received from SAP is already blank. Well not completly but the Tables-Parameter I mentioned above is empty. All others are filled with valid data.
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:06 PM
  • I usw a RFC connection. But nevertheless I tried your suggestions - problem is still the same.

    Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Well, after 2 hours of analysing Netmon Traces - there is no data send from SAP to BizTalk for the missing node.

    BTW: Is there a way of searching for strings in the data blocks of the network packages? I had to look by "hand" now.

     

    But if I call the function from another SAP, it returns all wanted data - if I call it from J2EE stack as well.

    Only BizTalk seem to cause this problem.

     

    Any idea?


    If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver
    Friday, May 28, 2010 12:29 PM
  • You might want to enable RfcSdkTrace in the connection uri and look into the traces

    I presume that for the same input, you are getting expected response when called from sapgui. Do you see discrepancy only in this table field? Is there any other difference between the one you receive in Sapgui and BizTalk adapter?

    Thanks,

    Jeevitha

    Friday, May 28, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Only in this field. All others are transmitted correctly. I tried with USE_SAPGUI = 1 and = 0, and I added the needed Registry settings for fill SAPGUI usage (SAPHTTP and SAPFTP won't work if not set). Both without any result.

    Changed TABLES structure in SAP, activated again. Regenerated schemas - seems to be fine (node names etc.) but still won't work.

    RFC traces states 0 entries, BizTalk logging as well. But it seems that it's only when BizTalk is calling via RFC. I don't really get it.

     


    If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver
    Friday, May 28, 2010 4:21 PM