Creation of SAP BW DataSet via MDX Failed RRS feed

• Question

• When we try to create a dataset using SAP BW via MDX an error results.

"We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation. Container exited unexpectedly with code 0xFFFFFFFF. Used features: Microsoft.Data.SapClient. Container exited unexpectedly with code 0xFFFFFFFF. Activity ID: 4251ec0e-6f1a-418d-be9c-a1a53706c3c7"

We have already installed the NetWeaver RFC SDK version 7.2 .dlls into the system32 folder and enabled ports 3201 and 330 on the integration run time/gateway.

I'm not really sure if the error relates to Data Factory not being able to access the integration run time or SAP BW.  Putting in invalid user/password setting produces the same error so don't believe accessing SAP BW.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Mark I Roberts and thank you for your inquiry.  I agree with your assessment that this is unlikely to be related to Data Factory.  You mentioned a worry that ADF is not able to access the integration run time.  To rule this out, I recommend doing a test:  Make a copy pipeline which passes through your integration run time.  When I did this, I made a linked service (Azure Blob storage) with 'Connect via integration runtime' set to a runtime I hosted on my laptop.  If the copy succeeds, then you know ADF can access your integration run time.

Additionally, you can check out the logs produced by your integration run time.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Please let me know if my suggestions helped, or if there is anything else I can do.
    Friday, October 4, 2019 6:48 PM
  • Thanks Martin yes helped.  Investigating messages in the log at the time of trying to create the dataset/connection to SAP BW and looking back earlier in the log  they show:

At time of error message:

DEBUG:
    TraceComponentId: QueryTask
    TraceMessageId: QueryRuntimeTestConnectionV2
    @logId: Information
    jobId: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    activityId: xxxxxx
    eventId: QueryRuntimeTestConnectionV2

TestConnection finish, duration: 5984.3415 ms.
    Log ID: Information

DEBUG:
    TraceComponentId: QueryTask
    TraceMessageId: QueryRuntimeTestConnectionV2Exception
    @logId: Error
    FunctionName: TestConnection
    activityId: xxxxxx
    eventId: QueryRuntimeTestConnectionV2Exception
    message: TestConnection failed, error message: 'Type=Microsoft.Data.Mashup.InternalMashupException,Message=We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.,Source=Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ProviderCommon,StackTrace=   at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ProviderCommon.MashupResource.StartEvaluationAndGetResultSource[T](Int32 timeout)
       at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.EvaluateAndGetSource[T](String commandText, CommandType commandType, Int32 commandTimeout, MashupParameterCollection parameters, String resultTransform, Boolean forColumnInfo, Boolean executeAction)

Earlier in log:

DEBUG:
    TraceComponentId: TransferClientLibrary
    TraceMessageId: FailToLoadSqlServerTypesDll
    @logId: Warning
    activityId: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    eventId: FailToLoadSqlServerTypesDll
    message: Fail to load Microsoft.SqlServer.Types related dll ""msvcr120.dll"" from ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration Runtime\4.0\Shared\SqlServerTypes\x64"".

Fail to load Microsoft.SqlServer.Types related dll ""msvcr120.dll"" from ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration Runtime\4.0\Shared\SqlServerTypes\x64"".
    Log ID: Warning

Fail to load Microsoft.SqlServer.Types related dll ""SqlServerSpatial140.dll"" from ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration Runtime\4.0\Shared\SqlServerTypes\x64"".

Fail to load Microsoft.SqlServer.Types related dll ""msvcr120.dll"" from ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration Runtime\4.0\Shared\SqlServerTypes\x64"".

Monday, October 7, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Were you able to resolve the issue, or are you asking for feedback on the logs?
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:42 PM
  • No not managed to resolve issue. Any comments/feedback on logs welcome.
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:38 AM
  • I have reached out internally, seeking second opinions on your logs.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:06 PM
  • I got no response.  Are you still blocked?
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:20 PM
  • We are still blocked, using another method which avoids connecting to query directly which introduces more stages into the process.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:31 PM
  • Since I have been unable to assist you, might I recommend raising a support ticket, as they can investigate more deeply?

For a deeper investigation and immediate assistance on this issue, if you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter. 
    Thread URL: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ff47102-7d97-481f-acbc-3e4cdedc8741/creation-of-sap-bw-dataset-via-mdx-failed?forum=AzureDataFactory
    Subscription ID: 
    Please let me know once you have done the same

Friday, October 25, 2019 12:24 AM
  • I have not located an email from you.  If you already opened a ticket, would you mind sharing the ticket number?
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:49 PM