Errors when trying to access my data... RRS feed

• Question

• User-668980994 posted

Ok, i'm trying to install a database that was hosted on my bosses Windows XP computer but IT surplussed his old computer without backing up the files. I have an old backup file and I am trying to install it on Windows 7. i have installed IIS 7 and converted the file to an application. I was told to allow asp.net to run on teh server but not sure what that means or how to do it.  My assistant is having a hard time managing our students without the database. Here's the error that I get:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE/AAFDOTNET"

Internet Information Services 7.5

<fieldset><legend>Error Summary</legend>

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "ASPNET-ISAPI-1.1-PageHandlerFactory" has a bad module "IsapiModule" in its module list

</fieldset>
    <fieldset><legend>Detailed Error Information</legend>
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler ASPNET-ISAPI-1.1-PageHandlerFactory
    Error Code 0x8007000d
    Requested URL http://jordanc.tncc.vccs.edu:80/aafdotnet/login.aspx
    Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AAFDotNet\login.aspx
    Logon Method Anonymous
    Logon User Anonymous
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset><legend>Most likely causes:</legend>
    • Managed handler is used; however, ASP.NET is not installed or is not installed completely.
    • There is a typographical error in the configuration for the handler module list.
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset><legend>Things you can try:</legend>
    • Install ASP.NET if you are using managed handler.
    • Ensure that the handler module's name is specified correctly. Module names are case-sensitive and use the format modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule".
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset><legend>Links and More Information</legend>IIS core does not recognize the module.

View more information »

</fieldset>
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:21 AM

Answers

All replies