Tablets with just a digitizer no touch screen

Question

• You can close metro apps by sliding your finger from the top of the screen and then drag it down. I can get it smaller but not drag it down to close it since I just have a pen and find it a wast of time to use the task manager. Is there any way it get a computer to think you are touching buy holding the 2nd pen button. Or for windows to have more support for pen based interface. All the tablet pc for engineering (other people use them too) still can be bought with just pen digitizer and have no touch screen for hundreds of dollars less.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• For metro apps, you don't need to close them they will close automatically . You just need open applications that you want and task manager will take care of metro-apps.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:47 PM
  • I know that the task manger will suspended when not in use and then automatically close it after awhile. I just want to close them when I'm done with them and not wait for the task manger. I know with the touch screen tablets pc you can slid them down to close them but does work with a pen.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Hi Tim4288554,

suggest watching the video: Fundamentals of Metro style apps: how and when your app will run.

Irfan
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:06 PM
  • There are a lot of improvement for Windows 8 is going on and this version is pre-Beta, I suggest wait for beta and upcoming release and see what will happen. The idea of Windows Developer Preview was for people to underestand the direction that Windows is taking and concept of metro style and initial design of user interface.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:19 AM
  • I can get it smaller but not drag it down to close it since I just have a pen and find it a wast of time to use the task manager.

Thanks for noticing this feature.  I had overlooked it.   However, instead of closing the app I think it is useful for ensuring that you have reduced the app before trying to switch to another one.   I can't do it with a mouse (even on a wider screen) but either touch-drag or pen-button-drag seem to do it.   Then you can use the large thumbnail to go left (only?) to find another one to switch to.  Wow.  I've never had to hold that button down so much for anything before--though I don't use my pen very much.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:51 PM