Sharepoint Designer workflow task not completing for single user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am struggling since few days to identify the issue but no luck. I created a sharepoint workflow task and assigned to a group using designer. When the task gets created, it is assigning to all the users of the group. When any user logs in and completes the task it is not completing, no status change. When administrator Logs In and completes the task assigned to the group, then it is completing. It should complete when any user of that group completes the task. I am creating task as 'Collect Data From User'. In task i am taking a drop down field and enter some values. In user, i selected a group containing many users. Can any body please help me to resolve this.  Thanks in Advance.

Narasimha.

bnarasimharao
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:38 AM

Answers

• HI NarasimhaRaoB,

I think some error is occurring during task completion that causes your task has been locked.

So as Daniel suggest,you should check the SharePoint log file for error at 12/Logs.

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Monday, January 30, 2012 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Narashimha,

Did you find some related error information from 12/LOGS folder ?

What's the permission for the assigned Group user on the Task list?

You can create another new workflow on another list and assign the task to another new SharePoint Group with permission above the Contribute level (collect data from a user).

You can also re-create the same workflow on the same list and check the result again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response. 

All these sharepoint groups have contribute permissions. This is working for existing old tasks for any group. I created new task in the same workflow and assigned to a group. I tried with different existing groups. For any group, when it's user clicks on 'Complete Task', status is not changing. If administrator approves the group task, it is working fine.

If the user try to approve the task again, it is giving the error 'This task is currently locked by a running workflow and cannot be edited'.

I could not find any significant information from logs.

Thanks, Narasimha.

bnarasimharao
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:16 AM
  • HI NarasimhaRaoB,

I think some error is occurring during task completion that causes your task has been locked.

So as Daniel suggest,you should check the SharePoint log file for error at 12/Logs.

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Monday, January 30, 2012 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:14 AM