problem with a webgrid and ModalPopupExtender RRS feed

• Question

• User-125499312 posted

i have a component one webgrid - it works well this is not a component one issue

i have a command button in the grid - it does NOT open a ModalPopupExtender

here is the command button that is in the grid:

<asp:Button ID="btnGRDTheGiftRegistryAddToCart" runat="server" CssClass="yui3-button yui3-Medium yui3-Button2" CommandName="ModifyShoppingCart" Text="Add To Cart" style="width:100px; margin:2px;" />

code behind

If e.CommandName.ToString = "ModifyShoppingCart" Then

<g class="gr_ gr_59 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="59" data-gr-id="59">end if</g>

this was all working fine until <g class="gr_ gr_63 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="63" data-gr-id="63">i</g> added <g class="gr_ gr_60 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="60" data-gr-id="60">webcontrol</g> with a separate ModalPopupExtender.

the ModalPopupExtender works fine - but not the command button

then when <g class="gr_ gr_64 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="64" data-gr-id="64">i</g> click on the button nothing happens

thx for ur help

Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:50 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi yzidell,

If you can share the html markup of the Grid and ModalPopupExtendere, we can understand and troubleshoot the problem better.

this was all working fine until i added webcontrol with a separate ModalPopupExtender.

the ModalPopupExtender works fine - but not the command button

You can try to call ModalPopupExtender.Show() method to open it from code behind.

If e.CommandName.ToString = "ModifyShoppingCart" Then
        'your code logic here

'find the ajaxToolkit:ModalPopupExtender and call show() method

YourModalPopupExtender.Show()

End If

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, November 30, 2018 8:30 AM
  • User-125499312 posted

hi <g class="gr_ gr_5 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="5" data-gr-id="5">fei</g>,

thanks for replying.

the ModalPopupExtender is not being called from the grid.

it is totally separate. 

the command in the grid adds an item to a shopping cart.

the ModalPopupExtender (which is in a <g class="gr_ gr_639 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="639" data-gr-id="639">webcontrol</g>) is the account signup button in the header. 

https://home.smartsimcha.com/smartsimcha/GuestRSVP.aspx?FirstName=Ana&LastName=Brenner&RSVPAC=18223xZ

Friday, November 30, 2018 3:00 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi yzidell,

If you could provide a reproducible sample code, we would understand and troubleshoot the issue better.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:02 AM