none
Need tutorial / code samples for doing Validation with Policy Injection with EntLib SIX and Unity 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for information (tutorials, code samples, etc.) for doing Validation with Policy Injection in EntLib 6.  Virtually everything I am finding for documentation is for EntLib 5, with the warning "This content is outdated...", etc.  The only materials I can find for EntLib 6 are reference materials, not the learning tools I need (tutorials, code samples, etc.)

If someone could point me to the materials I need for EntLib SIX, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Peter

Friday, August 2, 2013 7:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you look at the CodePlex site for EntLib 6?  It has all the documentation currently available.  The EntLib doesn't change dramatically between releases for existing functionality so anything that was applicable to EntLib 5 is still most likely applicable to EntLib 6.  Things that have been deprecated are covered in the migration guide on the CodePlex site.  Also part of the CodePlex site is a set of sample code but I don't know that it has samples for policy injection. 

Michael Taylor
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Thanks, I have already downloaded what I could find at codeplex, but I didn't find anything usable for policy injection.  I am also new to EntLib in general, but I keep seeing the "This content is outdated" message in so many places, and I'm not finding the same kind of details, code samples, etc., for EntLib 6.

Peter

Monday, August 5, 2013 12:30 PM
  • PI is actually obsolete since 5.0 based upon this information.  The article also mentions the upgrade path.
    Monday, August 5, 2013 2:00 PM