none
Clarification on Works with Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Could you pls tell how "works with tool" works.

Because when i am running works with tool, at primary functionality checking if i select yes to all then only it is giving the status as pass, otherwise in the report it is showing incomplete. As well as after completing the uninstallation and finishing the test when i view the report at the uninstall step it is incomplete.

Pls tell why this problem is occuring. But the application is uninstalled successfully.

While verifying the exe's and .dll, if it is not signed it is asking whether we need to continue, if i give yes it is going to the next step. if i give no it get stop. What i can do and what are the possible steps at that point i can perform.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Mary,

Works with tool works in the way you are experiencing. What I understand from your description, it is the expected way. Your application will "pass" only if the primary functionility of your application behaves as expected.

During the uninstall step, you need to check the box "Yes, I have uninstalled the component". Otherwise it may show the step as incomplete.

Again during signature verification, you can continue if you say yes. However, the report will ultimately mark the files as unsigned and fail your application. However, you can choose no to stop the testing process. It is also an expected behaviour.

However, please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:30 PM
  • Please see responses inline below:

If any one functionality is failed, then the submission status will be shown as Fail. Correct?

[Venkat] - That is correct.

In uninstall step, i checked "Yes, I have uninstalled the component". Then also in the report it is showing incomplete.

[Venkat] It is not clear if any othe step was incomplete..or if you actually uninstalled your product completely or not.

Did you download the latest tool from our website? (V1.1.0.0)

Whether any documentation is available for works with tool to understand better about the tool.

[Venkat] Like I mentioned earlier there is no specific documentation for using the wizard. However the list of test cases that the tool executes is available in a thoroughly explained document called The Works with Windows Server 2008 test framework document. This can be downloaded on the innovate on website as well.

Finally - I see that you have asked this question in this thread and also started another thread with the same question.

It would be a good idea not to repeat questions in different threads so we can help you better and faster.

If you have any further specific questions you may send me an email directly to WsLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Mary,

Works with tool works in the way you are experiencing. What I understand from your description, it is the expected way. Your application will "pass" only if the primary functionility of your application behaves as expected.

During the uninstall step, you need to check the box "Yes, I have uninstalled the component". Otherwise it may show the step as incomplete.

Again during signature verification, you can continue if you say yes. However, the report will ultimately mark the files as unsigned and fail your application. However, you can choose no to stop the testing process. It is also an expected behaviour.

However, please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:30 PM
  • Hi

In uninstall step, i checked "Yes, I have uninstalled the component". Then also in the report it is showing incomplete.

If any one functionality is failed, then the submission status will be shown as Fail. Correct?

Whether any documentation is available for works with tool to understand better about the tool.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:07 AM
  • Please see responses inline below:

[Venkat] - That is correct.

[Venkat] It is not clear if any othe step was incomplete..or if you actually uninstalled your product completely or not.

Did you download the latest tool from our website? (V1.1.0.0)

[Venkat] Like I mentioned earlier there is no specific documentation for using the wizard. However the list of test cases that the tool executes is available in a thoroughly explained document called The Works with Windows Server 2008 test framework document. This can be downloaded on the innovate on website as well.

Finally - I see that you have asked this question in this thread and also started another thread with the same question.

It would be a good idea not to repeat questions in different threads so we can help you better and faster.

If you have any further specific questions you may send me an email directly to WsLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:26 AM