Can't Find the Mobile Web Form Template Option on VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• User-698956807 posted

This is a dumb question, but when I right click on the solution explorer in my current web site to add a new... I see the Web Form option (plus a lot of other options) but not the Mobile Web Form. What I am not doing? Thank you for your help!!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:49 PM

Answers

• User-718146471 posted

It looks to me like when you want a mobile web site, the look and feel is now controlled by a mobile master page.  I suspect this is to make the site multi-platform in some ways.  I too did not see any exclusively mobile site with the exception of Cloud project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 5, 2014 2:39 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:33 PM
  • User-698956807 posted

Thank you for that article. It gave me the hint to add the reference of System.Mobile.Web namespace to my web site which I did. But when I did, I still don't have Mobile Web Page as an option when I ...

To add a mobile page

1. Right-click the Default.aspx page in Solution Explorer and choose Delete.

2. Click OK in the dialog box.

3. Right-click the application in Solution Explorer and choose Add New Item.

4. Choose Mobile Web Form under Visual Studio installed templates.

On the left side of the "Add New Item" Pop up screen, I just have 2 options under installed - VB and c# and then online....

Thank you for your help!!

Friday, May 2, 2014 6:36 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi suziking,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

On the left side of the "Add New Item" Pop up screen, I just have 2 options under installed - VB and c# and then online....

I check my Visual Studio 2013 on my side, I didn't find Mobile Web Form option, I'm not sure whether Mobile Web Form option is removed in Visual Studio 2013.

I will look into it further.

Regards

Angie

Monday, May 5, 2014 4:24 AM
  • User-718146471 posted

It looks to me like when you want a mobile web site, the look and feel is now controlled by a mobile master page.  I suspect this is to make the site multi-platform in some ways.  I too did not see any exclusively mobile site with the exception of Cloud project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 5, 2014 2:39 PM