Azure notification hub sending notifications to iOS only RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a multi-platform app which includes push notifications. The issue I'm facing is described in the images below

1st Scenario :

enter image description here

2nd Scenario :

enter image description here

However, when I test notification hub (using azure portal or Visual Studio), I receive notifications on all the devices. It seems that Azure Notification Hub is ignoring Android devices when an iOS device uses the same account (tag).

Any help would be appreciated

Monday, May 2, 2016 4:03 PM

All replies

• Are you registering on Notifications Hub directly from device or using a web API?
    The device is registered with device token and tag. I believe you are registering directly from device. The disadvantage of doing this is when a user uses more than one device: The tags aren’t shared among devices and the user needs to redefine the tags for each one. The mobile application depends on the Notification Hub, and it’s needed each time to update the tags in the application, which can be a problem if the user doesn’t update to the latest version (a common problem with mobile applications).

I recommend you use a back end that manages devices in Notification Hubs

To describe this pattern I’ll use the new approach based on the installa­tion model, introduced recently by the Notification Hubs team.

The application connects to the back end: In this case, the application connects to the back end to create or update the installation object, which will be stored locally.

The device requests the PNS handle from the PNS and gets the last Installation from the Notification Hub, stored on the device. The device then connects to the back end to create or update the installation, from the device, in the Notification Hub. (A new Installation object will be created the first time, but it should be reused each time the back end connects with the Notification Hub for the same device.)
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:20 AM