Previewing file on Azure storage RRS feed

• Question

• We have an application that is deployed as Azure Web App. The application will upload and download (image/pdf) files securely on Azure File Storage. We would like to be able to preview the files rather than download them. We're able to do this with Amazon S3 but not on Azure.
    Friday, February 8, 2019 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Abdul,

You need to Storage Explorer in the Azure portal.

Azure Storage Explorer is a standalone app that enables you to easily work with Azure Storage data on Windows, macOS, and Linux.

Please have look at the step by step instruction here ...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vs-azure-tools-storage-manage-with-storage-explorer?tabs=windows

Hope this helps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

• Proposed as answer by activetech Saturday, February 9, 2019 3:46 AM
    Friday, February 8, 2019 11:32 PM
  • How exactly do you "preview" files currently?

hth

Marcin

Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:09 AM
  • we couldn't preview files while using Azure data storage. The only option available is to download the file. We would have loved a scenario where the file will be opened in a new tab instead of downloading. With AWS we can achieve this without downloading the file.
    Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:18 AM
  • i am afraid this cant solve my problem. I  have an application that requires users to upload some of their files and i want those users to be able to preview their files instead of downloading it. This is achievable on AWS but how can it be done in Azure?
    Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:22 AM
  • Have you considered using the approach described in https://apemobile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001569212-PDF-files-are-downloading-instead-of-displaying-in-web-browser-or-opening-in-a-new-tab

hth
    Marcin

Saturday, February 9, 2019 1:22 PM