Sending the same notification to multiple clients

Question

• Is it possible to send the same push notification to multiple clients with one API call from the server?

Normally every Metro style app gets it's own push notification channel and server has to push notifications to each channel individually. If I want to send the same notification to a large number of client apps is there an API for that?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Base on my understanding, I would like to point out that each client has its unique registered address. So according the requirement you mentioned, it is needed to send multiple requests. However, you can reuse the code, for example, write a common method to send out the requests, and call it N times if you have N clients.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework

Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Ming,

Problem is - I need to notify several thousand clients at the same time. So I'll have to hammer the web-service several thousand times. I wish there was a method for sending the same notification to multiple push channels.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:01 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback Ghostrider-13

There currently is no way to issue one request to send a notification to multiple recipients.

Monday, June 04, 2012 7:55 AM