none
Visual Studio 2015 freezing when creating or opening Cordova project - all workarounds failed RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using VS 2015 to develop a Cordova project for a month or so now and everything was working fine even after Update 1. Today Cordova projects stopped working after I installed multiple unrelated extensions and product updates (SQL Server Tools, Typescript, Android Emulator, Web Essentials (automatic) and Web Bundler/Compiler extensions.)

Here is what I have tried so far:

• Repair VS 2015 Community.
    • Uninstall Typescript and other features like Windows 8.1 Emulators.
    • Uninstall VS 2015 Community and then Reinstall.
    • Decided I need support so I bought an MSDN subscription.
    • Install VS 2015 Pro.
    • Tried every single workaround listed in this RTM Known Issue thread (first found on this support page under Cordova and Javascript).

So, I need some Microsoft help please! Should I burn one of my support incidents for this? I'd like to be able to get back to work as soon as possible! Thanks.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:54 AM

Answers

• I can't remember all of the commands that were executed, but this problem has been resolved after basically repeating the steps for the RTM Known Issues for Cordova projects (a couple of times), running in devenv.exe in safe mode and then running a repair on the Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 from Programs and Features.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Bloss Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:48 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:47 PM

All replies

• I am on Windows 10 Professional if that matters. Not sure what else I can do here. I tried logging devenv.exe but did not get any useful information from the activity log.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:59 PM
  • I can't remember all of the commands that were executed, but this problem has been resolved after basically repeating the steps for the RTM Known Issues for Cordova projects (a couple of times), running in devenv.exe in safe mode and then running a repair on the Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 from Programs and Features.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Bloss Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:48 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:47 PM