Handling error notifications RRS feed

• Question

• We have a application where we are just picking up a file from one server and dropping them in to another server. I am currently working on creating a email notification if anything issue happens while picking up or dropping the file in to the destination server/ successfully delivered to destination. So created a orchestration with the scope like below

And in the If condition 

The Send port is a Group, the issue is even though the file is not sent to one of the send port and errors out it still sends out an email notification that it has successfully sent. Is there any way I can send out email notifications on successfully picking and deliver of the file/ error while picking and error while delivering. 

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 1:48 PM

All replies

• All Send Ports in a Group are called.  So, you can't have both the real Send Port and notification Send Port in the same Group.

Make the notification Send Port isolated and only call it after the real Send Port.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:38 PM
  • Sorry the Group Ports are just a FILE & SFTP Port.

The notifications are seperate and it is called after the Real Sendport Group

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:47 PM
  • Can anyone please suggest me how can I handle the success /failure notifications?

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:34 PM
  • As John's has said, have two different Send shapes & Logical Ports in the Orchestration each with a Scope and an Exception block around them, setting an appropriate flag to false.  Then you can determine if one or both failed or succeeded individually afterwards in in IF shape with 4 branches (e.g both success flags are true, first one true & second false, first one false & second true, both false)  
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:56 PM