Can we assign several Network Interfaces to a VM on an Azure Stack Integrated System ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our customer needs to have an public IP Address to an ubuntu VM and another private IP address.

How can we achieve that ? 

Thanks

Christine

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I’ve forwarded your questions to our Azure Stack Networking PM who can detail specifically what is currently supported as it relates to your configuration

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Monday, August 27, 2018 5:57 PM
  • Are you asking if you can assign multiple IP addresses to a single Interface or are you asking if you attach multiple interfaces to a single VM?  If the former, this functionality is not yet available in Azure Stack but will be soon.  If you're asking the latter, then this functionality is available as of 1807.

THanks!

Scott

Monday, August 27, 2018 11:33 PM
  • the latter actually, so attach multiple nics to a VM.

Our test multi node is 1805. we have another one on 1807, we will test on 1807 and let you know

Thanks for your answer

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:21 PM
  • I tested on our 1807 multinode. and I received the same error as on 1805.

Add-AzureRmVMNetworkInterface -VM $vm -Id $nicId is fine but
    Update-AzureRmVm -ResourceGroupName "chrisRG" -VM $vm gives error as before.

On Azure Stack there may be another procedure than on Azure .....

Thanks to come back to the Azure Stack team about that

Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:34 PM
  • You must have 1 NIC that is marked as "Primary", and any others marked as "Secondary". Can you please post the error that you are getting when trying to update the VM with 2 NICs?
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:59 PM