none
Kinect SDK 1.8 Tile Button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have edited the ControlsBasics-WPF, one of the C# Kinect sample in Toolkit for 1.8 SDK. Actually, I want to make a lot of Kinect tile buttons with Thumbnail images on the button's background. Then, if I click these buttons, I want to see the original image as Usercontrol like image gallery, not as window. Also, I want to see these buttons and thumbnail images are based on the local folder contents. I mean I don't want to make / set-up these tile buttons with exact Uri one by one like "Images/logo.jpg" because I need a lot of, over 300 buttons you know. Another reason is this folder might be connected / used to FTP folder you know. Please let me know any advise as soon as possible. Thank you so much!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:17 PM

All replies

• Again, these tile buttons are for image gallery / viewers for JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, etc on the local folder.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:21 PM
  • Have a look at the Kinect Basics samples for code on how to use the controls. These are just buttons so they operate like a button would in WPF. The interactions and functions of how the application work, as you described, sound like you need to develop that within your application and is not Kinect specific.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, March 23, 2015 5:57 PM
  • Just like Carmine said, there is no pre-made method to do what you are asking within the 1.8 SDK. There is a way to change the Kinect Tile button cosmetically (Background/foreground/size/color). I suggest you look at how to bind dynamic resources in XAML to XAML element properties.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:47 AM