Unable to import a MSI if a receive port is associated with 3 maps in 3 different assemblies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a strange behaviour (with BizTalk 2010 and also BizTalk 2013 R2): I have 3 assemblies and 1 map in each of those assemblies.

I have a receive port associated with this 3 maps.

If I try to import a MSI of my application, I have an error telling me that one of the 3 assemblies cannot be found. If I remove one map from the receive port and then import it again, it works...

I found nothing in the latest CU that can fix this error, any ideas?

Monday, May 2, 2016 12:01 PM

Answers

• Maybe that is where the issue is... the sequence .. In my case the canonical schema is a separate assembly whereas each partner assembly has the partner schema + the map to/from canonical... All the partner assemblies use the canonical schema as a referenced schema and since the common assembly is always loaded well before the partner assemblies..

In you case maybe the third assembly is trying to load before the source schema/destination schema is loaded and thus the error. I also do not think that the sequence of deployment of resources within the same MSI can be controlled...

Regards.

Monday, May 2, 2016 2:12 PM

All replies

• I have a similar setup where to process a canonical schema I have more than 3 partner maps and all in separate assemblies but I have not faced any such issue while exporting and/or importing the associated MSI.

You need to check if all the assemblies are in the SAME BizTalk Application (as opposed to referenced applications)?

Regards.

Monday, May 2, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Hi,

All assemblies were added as resources of the SAME BizTalk Application.

The only difference between you is:

• The canonical schema is part of one of the 3 assemblies (and not in a third assembly)
    • The MSI contains a Binding file.

Monday, May 2, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Maybe that is where the issue is... the sequence .. In my case the canonical schema is a separate assembly whereas each partner assembly has the partner schema + the map to/from canonical... All the partner assemblies use the canonical schema as a referenced schema and since the common assembly is always loaded well before the partner assemblies..

In you case maybe the third assembly is trying to load before the source schema/destination schema is loaded and thus the error. I also do not think that the sequence of deployment of resources within the same MSI can be controlled...

Regards.

Monday, May 2, 2016 2:12 PM