none
USB RNDIS Connection with WinC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Ocassionally, for no apparent reason my Platform Builder/Visual Studio 2005 would not start downloading the WinCE OS image to my device through the USB RNDIS connection even though it detects the BOOTME packets sent from the device.  When this happens, I could not get it to work again, even after rebooting the device or restarting Platform Builder/Visual Studio, unless I reboot my desktop computer and this is a waste of time.

Would anyone please give me a tip on how to get the downloading started without having to reboot my computer?

Thanks,

Luan

Friday, November 5, 2010 4:24 PM

All replies

• It's hard to say what, exactly may be causing the problem (there's a chance it could be related to desktop firewall or an RNDIS driver issue).  As an alternative to rebooting, you might try using Task Manager to make sure that, after restarting PB/VS, there are no instances of cemgr.exe or cesvchost.exe still running.  If either of those are still present, they may be in an unusable state, so  use Task Manager to end their processes and try your download again.
    Tom Gensel PTG Systems, LLC
    http://www.ptgsystems.com
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:03 PM
  • Hi Tom,

It happened again today but I do not see any instances of cemgr.exe and cesvchost.exe running in the Task Manager.  This time, however, I noticed that I did not detach the target from PB before turning the target power off.  I detached it and tried to attach again, the same thing happen.  The device keeps sending the BOOTME packets but no download occurred.

I appreciate your help very much,

Luan

Luan Le
    Monday, November 8, 2010 5:10 PM