Data List from access database and query string?? RRS feed

• Question

• User1114182319 posted

Hi i am at a crossroads at the moment as i am not surehow to solve this problem i am having. I want to design a page that displays a list of say products from a access database and i want them to be displayed on the page, then if the user say clicks on one of them i want them to be taken to the page displaying al the information for that product. Now i presume i could display the list and when an item is clicked pass the ID for that item into a query string for the next page to use to display the relevent information. I just need to know how to get the information to be displaed and have it pass the correct ID over for the item clicked to the next page. Is there any1 who can help with this? thanks

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• User1114182319 posted

can any 1 please help?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:27 PM
  • User1114182319 posted

Hi i am still looking for a solution to my problem all i want is the ability to set up like a product list that displays all products on one page and then when the user clicks on a product the ID for the product is passed onto the next page where the product details are displayed. I cant believe that i am the only 1 to ever ask this question, is there any1 who can please advise me? thanks

Friday, March 13, 2009 7:19 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

This is very basic stuff.  You need a GridView with a template field containing a HyperlinkControl pointing to the next page.  Spend a little time watching videos and reading some beginners tutorials.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:46 AM