none
WINDOW BASED APPLICATION WORKING ON WINDOW 8 OR 8.1 BUT NOT ON WINDOW 7. RRS feed

• Question

• WINDOW BASED APPLICATION  WORKING ON WINDOW 8 OR 8.1 BUT NOT ON WINDOW 7.

This application is working on 8 but not on window 7 or lower.I am using along with sql server 2008 but it still not working.When i try to open that application it shows an error.for this message i remove my try catch block.And it shows "sql network iterface error :26".Please help me out.  

• Moved by Bob Beauchemin Saturday, December 27, 2014 6:19 PM Moved to forum for client-side SqlClient for best results
    Saturday, December 27, 2014 5:22 AM

All replies

• As per I known, Windows7 is compatible with sql2008

Could you tell me which edith  sql 2008 did you use?

Any detail about the error message?

Windows7 is a client OS .It only be compatible with sql2008 developer edition

• Edited by Steven.桦仔 Saturday, December 27, 2014 7:58 AM edit
    Saturday, December 27, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Error 26 is a problem with disk access. When do you see this error? It seems like the folder/file you are referring doesn't exist on windows 7 or there is a security issue trying to access it.

Satish Kartan www.sqlfood.com

Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:09 AM
  • I overlooked the error “sql network iterface error :26"”

here are two thread related to your issue .Hope this help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6466974/unable-to-connect-to-sql-express-error-26-error-locating-server-instance-speci

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/archive/2007/05/13/sql-network-interfaces-error-26-error-locating-server-instance-specified.aspx

Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:19 AM
  • I can't help you with your problem. Possibly I can help you with how to get help problem in the best way.

First of all, try to find a forum which fits your problem. The forum you posted to is for using .NET inside SQL Server, so you this is not the right place.

What is the best forum for you problem - I don't know, because your description is too vague, and that is your second problem. You talk about "Windows based application" - is that a piece of software you have developed or maintain yourself? Or is it some third-party program you are using?

In the latter case, you should probably find a forum for that application. Or open a support case with the vendor.

In the former case, it helps if you post your code and the complete error message.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Saturday, December 27, 2014 9:23 AM