Running the test on different Environments and Deployments RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I want to ask about the way to set up the tests for different deployments. Currently in our framework we have the tests which we only run on local server. I want to find a way to run the tests on different deployments for different clients. To be precise the software is same but have different flavors for different clients. So for example for one client in create account page they have FirstName, MiddleName, LastName and all three fields are mandatory but for second client only FirstName and LastName is mandatory. So i want to find a way to run all the tests on different environments and also taking data according to that. I think it can be done in config file by setting up the environments but if you can share a code or snnipet with me that will be great.
    Cheers
    A
    Friday, May 16, 2014 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume that you do Visual Studio Coded UI tests for your software.

In this case, you can record/write different login methods based on different login pages, specify environment variables for different environment, then call the corresponding login method based on the environment variable on different machines.

This blog provided us detailed code and explanation:

How To: Get same test running under different environments

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:34 AM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 6:39 AM