C# Registry edit problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have problem with my C# appi for windows mobile. If I start this appi in windows mobile 6.5 I have this error - 

{"An error occured creating the registry key."}

ErrorCode -2147467259

I have no idea where can be the problem. I think that problem is in permissions but i'm not sure.

Here is my code:

private void ResetCERegistryKeys()

{

CERegistryKey ceRegKey = CERegistry.CurrentUser.CreateSubKey("Software\\_Poruchy");

ceRegKey.SetValue("TransferRunning", 0);

ceRegKey.SetValue("Transfer_AppPoruchyRunning", 0);

ceRegKey.SetValue("Transfer_PDA_2_PC", 0);

ceRegKey.SetValue("Transfer_PC_2_PDA", 0);

string name = ceRegKey.GetValue("TransferRunning").ToString();

}

private int TransferPC2PDARunning()

{

CERegistryKey ceRegKey = CERegistry.CurrentUser.CreateSubKey("Software\\_Poruchy"); // here is the problem on this line 

return (Convert.ToInt16(ceRegKey.GetValue("Transfer_PC_2_PDA", 0).ToString()));           

}

private int TransferPDA2PCRunning()

{

CERegistryKey ceRegKey = CERegistry.CurrentUser.CreateSubKey("Software\\_Poruchy");

return (Convert.ToInt16(ceRegKey.GetValue("Transfer_PDA_2_PC", 0).ToString()));

}

Thanks.

Friday, January 21, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• I don't have OpenNetCF to try your exact code, but this works fine for me. Can you try switching to the Microsoft.Win32 version instead to see if that makes a difference?

RegistryKey ceRegKey = Registry.CurrentUser.CreateSubKey("Software\\_Poruchy"); 

Also, if the OpenNetCF version is anything like the Microsoft.Win32 version you should be sure to Close or Dispose of the key when you're finished. I use a using() declaration, typically.

-PaulH

• Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Monday, January 24, 2011 8:57 AM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 8:10 PM