none
Publishing my Data Factory from GIT, leaves old Pipelines and Linked Services in Data Factory Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just completed a Task to cleanup of Pipelines and Linked Services that are no longer required for the Data Factory I am using, this meant that some of the Pipelines are no longer being used and have been removed. New Linked services were created as part of our standards, the old ones were removed.

The publish was successful, however when I switched to the Data Factory Service from the collaboration branch, the old Pipelines and Linked Services were still present. As I am in GIT mode I am unable to make changes to the Data Factory Service, so what is the best way to remove the Pipelines/Linked Services that were removed from the collaboration branch?

Thanks

• Edited by AvPowerBI Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:55 AM

All replies

• Since the ADF is now in GIT mode, it's not required to switch to data factory mode again. 

Anyway, based on the doc, it says - 

Authoring directly with the Data Factory service is disabled in the Azure Data Factory UX when a Git repository is configured. Changes can be made directly to the service via PowerShell or an SDK.

so you may try using PS commands to delete unused pipelines, LS. 

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" or upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:26 AM
  • @AvPowerBI, did Vaibhav's informative reply solve your issue, or are you still blocked?
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:08 AM