none
Is it possible to turn off compiler for HTML while writing HTML code?

Question

• Hello,

I have a question about Visual Studio 2012.

I develop an ASP.net application. In the .aspx HTML page, I have very much HTML code, it could be 30 pages etc.

When I write HTML code on this page, the page almost all the time get unresponsive because the compiler is setting in and check the entire code all the time.

Is there a way to turn off the "compiler check" so this does not happen while writing HTML code?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Silvers2,

Thanks for your post.

For your question, currently there is not such a setting that could disable the "Compiler check".

It automatically check the code compile when you are writing code and set by default.

But your suggestion is very important to us.

If possible, you could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:28 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

I understand. I have then posted the idéa here:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/15891220-choise-to-turn-on-off-the-compiler-check-while-wri

It would be great if many will vote on this. I have a good computer with 24 cores, 32 GB of RAM and I have to wait 5-10 minutes after just writing a few characters in the HTML code so just placing a button or writing something makes the compiler stuck for such a long time as 5 minutes.

It would be perfect to have a switch that can turn on/off the compiler.

Best Regards

• Edited by Silvers2 Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Silvers2 Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:15 PM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Silvers2,

Thanks for your post.

For your question, currently there is not such a setting that could disable the "Compiler check".

It automatically check the code compile when you are writing code and set by default.

But your suggestion is very important to us.

If possible, you could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:28 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

I understand. I have then posted the idéa here:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/15891220-choise-to-turn-on-off-the-compiler-check-while-wri

It would be great if many will vote on this. I have a good computer with 24 cores, 32 GB of RAM and I have to wait 5-10 minutes after just writing a few characters in the HTML code so just placing a button or writing something makes the compiler stuck for such a long time as 5 minutes.

It would be perfect to have a switch that can turn on/off the compiler.

Best Regards

• Edited by Silvers2 Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Silvers2 Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:15 PM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:32 PM