none
Authenticating to Azure Storage from local PC

Question

• I'm currently testing how to work with storage accounts and file shares in Azure. I've managed to get a file share setup and i'm at the point where i'd like to map it as a local drive on my windows PC.

I'm falling over at the authentication screen where you'd typically enter your network credentials to then authenticate to the server and access shares.

Maybe a silly Q, but what should the username be? I've tried the domainname\email address, name of storage account\email, just the email address, just first name, but anything I do wont authenticate...Does it need to be subscription\email address? Just wondered if anyone has faced this and if you knew the answer? 

I assume I'd use my office365 username/password to connect but it's not working...Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi -

You need to enter your storage account name and account access key to mount the file share.

Please take a look at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-files/#mount-the-file-share, and see the section titled Persist your storage account credentials for the virtual machine. This section shows how to persist your storage account credentials so that Windows will reconnect the share when the virtual machine reboots. 

Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:25 AM