sql2016 developer silent installation using configurationFile.ini : TROPENLICENSETERMS RRS feed

• Question

• hi there:

I am using ini to install 2016 developer 

complete syntax below:

setup.exe /ConfigurationFile="C:\SQL2016\ConfigurationFile.ini" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS="True"

however, it erroed out with txt below:

Final result:                  Failed: see details below
      Exit code (Decimal):           -2068578301
      Exit facility code:            1204
      Exit error code:               3
      Exit message:                  The setting 'TROPENLICENSETERMS' specified is not recognized.
      Start time:                    2018-08-30 15:06:39
      End time:                      2018-08-30 15:06:41
      Requested action:              Install

However , I googled around but it's hard to find any information related to this settions: TROPENLICENSETERMS

any ideas? thanks

Hui

--Currently using Reporting Service 2000; Visual Studio .NET 2003; Visual Source Safe SSIS 2008 SSAS 2008, SVN --

Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Hui,

According to your description, my understanding is that you failed to install the SQL Server 2016 Developer via using a configuration file. If anything is misunderstood, please tell me.

As the exit message showed that "The setting 'TROPENLICENSETERMS' specified is not recognized." I also checked my SQL Server 2016 Developer configuration file, there was not a setting 'TROPENLICENSETERMS' in the configuration file. However I found that there is a setting 'IACCEPTROPENLICENSETERMS' in my configuration file like the following screenshot.

In the configuration file, there is not a 'TROPENLICENSETERMS' setting. Please check if the setting 'IACCEPTROPENLICENSETERMS' is correct. If not, please change the setting name. Besides, if it is convenient, could you please share us your configuration file for analysis via any trusted network disk.

Best Regards,

Emily

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 31, 2018 2:12 AM
  • Please post the complete logs which generated as a result of failed installation. I need The summary.txt content, to be precise

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, September 3, 2018 6:56 AM