none
Creating an email template that contains checkable boxes with text following each checkbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, my company is in the process of migrating to Outlook Exchange server environment.  I want to create an Outlook template that contains four checkable boxes.  Static Text would follow each checkbox.  I want to use this template as my standard email template. 

I can easily create a template with the four lines of text, and I have found that once I get to the developer tab it would appear I have to design a form and insert the check boxes.  What I don't know is how to (1) choose the standard email template, insert the checkbox (i know how to get to the forms pallette that contains the checkbox as a choice), insert the static text in the right place, and then properly save it.

I'm pretty good at VB programming and Excel, but this is different.

I am surprised I can't find anything doing a google search on something this simple, but I am sure someone has solved this before.

Thanks

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• See the custom Forms information at www.outlookcode.com. There's information there on everything you asked about: custom controls, replacing the default forms, publishing forms, etc.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "demcc" <=?utf-8?B?ZGVtY2M=?=> wrote in message news:0fa6333d-436b-4776-af58-4f58564e2aa1...

Hello, my company is in the process of migrating to Outlook Exchange server environment.  I want to create an Outlook template that contains four checkable boxes.  Static Text would follow each checkbox.  I want to use this template as my standard email template. 

I can easily create a template with the four lines of text, and I have found that once I get to the developer tab it would appear I have to design a form and insert the check boxes.  What I don't know is how to (1) choose the standard email template, insert the checkbox (i know how to get to the forms pallette that contains the checkbox as a choice), insert the static text in the right place, and then properly save it.

I'm pretty good at VB programming and Excel, but this is different.

I am surprised I can't find anything doing a google search on something this simple, but I am sure someone has solved this before.

Thanks

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, March 22, 2013 3:42 PM
  • I was able to create the checkable boxes but not within the region Of the message (the white box you type the message in). That is what I want. Using the default email template as a starting point I could not "bring the Checkboxes to the front". It's as if the message template had been set To always be on top. Any way around this?
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:08 PM
  • You can use CustomPane for this and set its doc property to top. 

CustomPane can be set top of formRegion.

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:56 AM