Single Azure AD for multiple Azure AD B2C tenant RRS feed

• Question

• I have 4 B2C tenants for different applications which is used by 4 different set of external users and the organisation's existing internal users from Azure AD. I have setup 4 Azure AD for 4 B2C tenants. This became a challenge for syncing users between different Azure ADs. Can I map a single Azure AD as identity provider for 4 different B2C tenant? Could you please help with the implementation steps?
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:01 PM

All replies

• While you can't have multiple B2C tenants linked this way you can have multiple AAD tenants linked to B2C using custom policies. The multi-tenant app is based on a normal AAD tenant, not in the B2C tenant, and the two are linked via custom policy. Users from multiple AAD tenants can sign into Azure AD B2C without configuring a technical provider for each tenant. 

Please see the latest guide for this and the User Voice discussion. See also the StackOverflow thread on the same issue.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:09 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the reply.

As per my understanding,multi-tenant AAD linking to a  B2C is done when there is a requirement for enable login from AADs of different organizations or AADs with different user set. But in my case, I want to map the AAD for the same organization and the internal user set is same in 4 AADs. Only external users (created through B2C) will be different.The challenge here is, about the syncing of  internal users between 4 AADs. I think even if I am able to map a single AAD for 4 B2C tenants, still the external users for 4 B2C tenants will be mixed up in the AAD. Probably, the approach is going to solve sync problem across AADs but at the same time extermal users from 4 B2C will be mixed up and it will allow all users from any of the B2C tenant to access all the 4 applications. This is not quite the requirement. The requirement is to allow 4 different sets of external users and organization's internal users in the Azure AD to access 4 different applications

Could you please suggest  a solution?

Saturday, October 20, 2018 2:29 PM