Backing up to Azure with Veritas Backup Exec 16 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I backup to Azure (cool storage) from Backup Exec 16. It used to work fine, it now only really works with small backups (max 6GB). Anything over just eventually fails. I got a few articles from Microsoft, I went through the suggestions but couldn't find anything relevant. I went back to Veritas who checked some application logs that seem to point at a hardware issue on Azure's side.

Errors like:

[05352] 04/24/17 15:55:33.181 DeviceIo: beost: Critical: Azure: CAzureManager::open_image:

or

Device Hard Errors      13 write, 0 read

And many others. I've created a new container on Azure, same problem. I used to be able to backup over 150GB in 1 go without any issues. I can't think of any changes in our network environment that could have affected the connection to Azure.

Are there any obvious issue with our Azure storage? Do we have access to any logs or debug tools that could help us identify the issue? Best regards

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:08 PM

All replies

• You can upload up to 500 TB of data to Azure storage account. Refer the below article to monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot Microsoft Azure Storage:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-monitoring-diagnosing-troubleshooting

If the issue persists I recommend you create a technical support ticket. The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution to your issue.

Here is the   http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/ to create support case.

• Proposed as answer by vikranth s Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:47 AM
  • Did you find resolution to this issue?  We were not having any problems uploading jobs with 200+ GB of data, now it seems any job over about 50 GB will fail.
    Monday, May 15, 2017 6:24 PM
  • We are experiencing a similar problem....I opened a support ticket with Veritas, they checked alla the configurations settings, made some connection test but the problem is still there: some backups completed succesfully but the most of them fail . For Veritas the problem is on the Azure Side.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:52 AM