ASMX Client & Service & WCF 4.0 Routing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an ASMX Client, and an ASMX Service (I know WCF is the new way to do things, but please indulge me)... and I would like to insert a WCF (4.0) Router in the middle, with all services being hosted in IIS7.

Can this be done?

I have seen suggestions of how to make IIS7/WCF handle ASMX pages, but I'm guessing my Routing Service would need to do this?

If this can be done, a few pointers would be useful.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

• Edited by BBates Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:06 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:04 PM

All replies

• BBates,

I don't see a problem...

The most important thing is that your binding must be ASMX compatible (basicHttp should do the trick if you don't use WSE).
    Keep in mind that asmx does not support WS-Addressing, so you will have to route on something else then the SOAP Action.

If this post answers your quenstion, please mark it as such. If this post is helpful, click 'Vote as helpful'.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:28 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Thanks for that.

I made some progress and got it to route a message through to my ASMX service.

However, the bit I am stuck on is the the Set-Cookie header is being stripped out fromt he reply by the router service, so it never makes it back to the client.

I tried switching on aspNetCompatibility=true but that seems to give me more errors (to which a google doesn't yield much by way of similar experience).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

I'm thinking that perhaps it's not possible or not an desirable given the lack of information around on doing it.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:17 PM