Error upon project creation - VSTS Release / Beta 3 Refresh RRS feed

• Question

• After creating a CMMI project and opening the portal, the following showed up in the browser:

For builds and remaining work, the reporting services pages (I thought this would just be the output, not someone being able to put the query information in the page)

For the Issues web part, the following error message:
    The item '/Effort Tracking/Issues' cannot be found. (rsItemNotFound)
    Where 'Effort Tracking' is the name of the project.

For the Bug Rates web part, the following error message:
    An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
       Query execution failed for data set 'PriorityParam'.
       (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
          For more information about this error navigate to the report server on
          the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Tuesday, November 1, 2005 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff and Mats -

First, to address the problem of not being able to see the data in a report from the portal, I can assure you that we are working on a better solution for our final shipping version.  In the meantime, to make the experience a little better, you can try clicking on the little button below the "View Report" button which looks like 2 little upward pointing arrows (^).  That will hide the report parameters and will yield a little more room to show the report data.

As for the Issues report link problem, it seems to be a bug in our process guidance template.  This, too, is being worked on for our final shipping version.  Currently, you can view any of the "Work Items" reports to view "issues".

Let me know if you still have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

Alan
    Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

After you created the CMMI project, how long did you wait before trying to access the reports?  After new project creation, the data warehouse needs to be processed before you are able to view the reports for the first time.  Processing will happen automatically (every hour to be exact), but you can manually kick it off by navigating to the warehouse controller web service on your application tier and invoking the 'Run' method.

Let me know if you are still seeing the above errors.

Thanks,

Alan 
    Wednesday, November 2, 2005 5:40 PM
  • Hi Alan. Well, it partialy worked. The report showing an error did eventually work, but the first report did not work. Not sure why. I have screen shots and can send you any or all configuration information, databases, whatever. I'm actually going to be at MS tomorrow so maybe I can drop something off for you?

Jeff
    Wednesday, November 2, 2005 8:28 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Can you send me a list of the reports which do not work and any error messages associated with them?  A screen shot or text will do the trick.

Thanks,

Alan

Tuesday, November 8, 2005 2:03 AM
  • Hi Alan. After your request I went back and did some more looking. It appears that only one report is not working - the Issues report on the first page of the portal after project creation. That same report does not show up in the report list from within the IDE. The error message on the portal is Test Project/Issues not found. (rsItemNotFound).

The only other errors I'm seeing are that in the portal, the entire report (including the headers where the criteria can be entered) is showing up instead of just the report output (but it isn't truly an error, it's just impossible to read the report).

Jeff
    Tuesday, November 8, 2005 2:47 PM
  • We have encountered the same "Issue" - rsItemNotFound for because the Issues Report is missing in Report Services - no such problems in the MS Agile Process.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:49 AM
  • Hi Jeff and Mats -

First, to address the problem of not being able to see the data in a report from the portal, I can assure you that we are working on a better solution for our final shipping version.  In the meantime, to make the experience a little better, you can try clicking on the little button below the "View Report" button which looks like 2 little upward pointing arrows (^).  That will hide the report parameters and will yield a little more room to show the report data.

As for the Issues report link problem, it seems to be a bug in our process guidance template.  This, too, is being worked on for our final shipping version.  Currently, you can view any of the "Work Items" reports to view "issues".

Let me know if you still have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

Alan
    Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:14 PM