none
Azure FrontDoor - Orphaned health probe is still running and showing in metrics.

Question

• I have what appears to be an orphaned health probe still running on my FrontDoor instance. It doesn't show up under the Azure Resource Explorer, nor when I retrieve the FrontDoor object from powershell. Yet it shows up in the metric logs when I graph by the backend health percentage and split by pool or backend.

I can see that the name of the healthprobe matches one that was on a backend that I deleted. The probe name and pool name both match a backend that I deleted.

This might have happened when I was configuring it - I was attempting to use an ARM template, but kept running into "Bad Request" errors with no details so gave up on that and went through the portal for final configuration.

So is there any other way to check for the health probes?

• Edited by leniency Monday, April 15, 2019 4:05 PM more detail
    Monday, April 15, 2019 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

In AFD, the probe will be present under Backend pools. 

Can you check there if you have any probe configured?

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:51 AM
  • Yes, I can confirm that I have three pools, and all three have a health probe configured:

• web
    • api
    • staging

I confirmed in the Resource explorer (https://resources.azure.com) and see three health probes.
    I confirmed the FrontDoor object in powershell and shows the same thing, three health probes.

Three probes coorresponding in name to the three backends, all named similarly, and all working as expected, linked up through routes to front ends.

However in the metrics, if I split by backend, I see 4 pools, I'm assuming because there's a 4th health probe floating around still.

The 4th, "xxxx_WebServers" corresponds to a backend that I deleted. It appears the health probe is still reporting metrics.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:07 AM
  • Hi, 

It seems like it got deleted in the front end and still exist in the backend. This needs to be deleted from backend. 

I would suggest you to create a support request or do not have a support plan to open a support request for this issue, please drop an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com along with your subscription ID and the link to this thread. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:25 AM