Converting Small Basic to Visual Basic to Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• I tried an experiment where I graduated (converted) a monster app (on Small Basic scale) to Visual Basic. This part seems to work fine and the pervious bug converting arrays is fixed. To get the next step to work I discovered that you need Visual Studio 2010RC with Silverlight version 4 installed on it. The brick wall appears to be that you can not reference SmallBasicLibrary.dll or any of the dll that come with Small Basic. A window pops up saying that the dll was not compiled against Silverlight. If this is an easy fix, it would be nice to have. If it is not perhaps it could be put on the wish list. What I was trying to do with this experiment was see how easy or painful it would be to convert SmallBasic apps to silverlight since they don't run well in the present Silverlight window. It was fun to try, and I hope to document the process in detail if I can get around the brick wall encountered!
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:38 AM

Answers

• Sorry, but I don't think it would be possible to go further here. What would be needed is to rebuild yourself a library having the same functions as SmallBasic.dll in Silverlight, which is a huge work.

Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:25 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but I don't think it would be possible to go further here. What would be needed is to rebuild yourself a library having the same functions as SmallBasic.dll in Silverlight, which is a huge work.

Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:25 PM
  • :( Another Challenge!

Did you see the beginers guide I wrote to installing your extensions?  I hope you don't mind.  Just trying to help.

Many Thanks

Bob

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:51 PM
  •  

Dear Sir

I think you and me  are after the same goal. “My question: Small Basic and Silverlight”

Working within the platform. NET services leverage Silverlight

I'm sure there is some way to do this

(Small Basic ==> V. Basic) + Silverlight

I'll keep reading and I'll have to consult and my progress both positive and negative

Regards,

carlosfmur - Buenos Aires

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:50 PM