VS simulator works - but change position will not work on tablet

• Hi,

I have code which is fired when the tablet is changed position...it works fine on the VS simulator (when I use the button to change the simulator position)...but it is not been fired on the tablet.

I have the below line in my loaded method which should cause it to enter the sub below -

AddHandler Window.Current.SizeChanged, AddressOf Window_SizeChanged

NB I have set the tablet up to remote debug and while it will breakpoint on the loaded method...it does not enter the breakpoint on the Window_SizeChanged.

Private Sub Window_SizeChanged(sender As Object, e As WindowSizeChangedEventArgs)
        End Sub

Is there some setting I am missing that is causing this.  The tablet is a Dell Venue 8.

Thanks for any advise.

Thursday, October 02, 2014 1:33 PM

• By changing you mean actually resizing the frame available to the App by docking it besides another App or do you mean screen orientation changes?

If we're talking about screen orientation it would likely be better to hook this event:

+= new Windows.Graphics.Display.DisplayPropertiesEventHandler(DisplayProperties_OrientationChanged);

I don't know why the behavior is different between the simulator and the actual device but I belief to remember that such issues have occasionally been reported.

• Marked as answer by Ireland75 Monday, October 06, 2014 9:08 AM
    Thursday, October 02, 2014 2:46 PM