none
Different Duration for Certification

Question

• I have 2 Windows Phone Apps. An update for the first app always passes the certification in hours but the second always takes several days.

What can I do to accelerate the certification of the second app?

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:59 PM

Answers

• It might also be worth it to check what regions the Apps are published to. Some areas (e.g. China) have more rigid certification requirements so it's likely that any App distributed there might see longer certification times.
    • Marked as answer by Stonemiller Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:39 AM

All replies

• There is nothing you can do to accelerate certification. All you can do is ensure your app is actually certifiable (have all your icons correct, permissions, privacy link, etc.) After that it's up to the store processes.

Some of certification is automated, and my guess would be that there is something in the second app that requires a manual step not required by the first app.

It could also just be coincidence. Sometimes my apps publish immediately, sometimes they take a few days. Weekends and holidays delay publication.

It used to take a minimum of a week to get anything through certification, so I wouldn't worry about a couple of days.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:22 AM
  • It might also be worth it to check what regions the Apps are published to. Some areas (e.g. China) have more rigid certification requirements so it's likely that any App distributed there might see longer certification times.
    • Marked as answer by Stonemiller Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:39 AM
  • Thank you for the answers. Indeed the slower App was published in China. I will change this and try again. Currently I update my App every Week and if the certification takes another week is too long for me.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:54 PM