locked
HealthRecordItem.Created doesn't appear to be correct after an update RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Testing with the HelloWorld app, and making some modifications to add data such as CommonData.Source and a digital signature, I added height records.  After creating the items via the app I read them back in and check the .Created.TimeStamp and .ApplicationName and .LastUpdated.TimeStamp and .ApplicationName.  Everything is fine.  Via the HV web interface I check the items and they look fine.  I then edit one of the records via the web interface and I can see via the history that it has been edited, the digital signature has been removed, etc.  I then pull the Height items again via the HelloWorld app and checking the edited items the .Created and .LastUpdated properties have both been changed to the updated time and the application name for .Created and .LastUpdate is the web interface.  Shouldn't the .Created properties still reflect the original creation properties?
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:46 PM

Answers


  • Jim,


    I looked into it and did re create this issue.  I also did some research into this problem and here is what I think
    This seems to be a bug in SDK and NOT in platform  (server side).
    I traced the logs and did see that the platform is returning data correctly
    The relavent XML chunk returned by platform for example is:


    Code Snippet
    <created>
      <timestamp>2008-07-09T19:13:19.88Z</timestamp>
      <app-id name="Developer's X-ray">3a93ca55-6a08-46bf-bf76-d0e205823242</app-id>
      <person-id name="Rajesh CKR PPE">03093367-24d9-41bc-87f3-c944878e5156</person-id>
      <access-avenue>Online</access-avenue>
      <audit-action>Created</audit-action>
      </created>
     <updated>
      <timestamp>2008-07-09T19:16:35.363Z</timestamp>
      <app-id name="Developer's X-ray">3a93ca55-6a08-46bf-bf76-d0e205823242</app-id>
      <person-id name="Rajesh CKR PPE">03093367-24d9-41bc-87f3-c944878e5156</person-id>
      <access-avenue>Online</access-avenue>
      <audit-action>Updated</audit-action>
      </updated>

     

     


    Note the  timestamp and auditaction values- which are different and hence correct.
     

    The following function which parses the above XML on SDK on HealthRecordItem class

    private void AddAuditsSectionValues(XPathNavigator thingNavigator)

     

    incorrectly parses the xml and only uses data in the "updated" section always.

    You can fix the code yourself for now (since you have the full source code with SDK) or wait until Microsoft fixes it.


    Let me know if you have any questions


    -Rajesh
     

     

    Friday, November 21, 2008 10:53 AM

All replies


  • Jim,


    I looked into it and did re create this issue.  I also did some research into this problem and here is what I think
    This seems to be a bug in SDK and NOT in platform  (server side).
    I traced the logs and did see that the platform is returning data correctly
    The relavent XML chunk returned by platform for example is:


    Code Snippet
    <created>
      <timestamp>2008-07-09T19:13:19.88Z</timestamp>
      <app-id name="Developer's X-ray">3a93ca55-6a08-46bf-bf76-d0e205823242</app-id>
      <person-id name="Rajesh CKR PPE">03093367-24d9-41bc-87f3-c944878e5156</person-id>
      <access-avenue>Online</access-avenue>
      <audit-action>Created</audit-action>
      </created>
     <updated>
      <timestamp>2008-07-09T19:16:35.363Z</timestamp>
      <app-id name="Developer's X-ray">3a93ca55-6a08-46bf-bf76-d0e205823242</app-id>
      <person-id name="Rajesh CKR PPE">03093367-24d9-41bc-87f3-c944878e5156</person-id>
      <access-avenue>Online</access-avenue>
      <audit-action>Updated</audit-action>
      </updated>

     

     


    Note the  timestamp and auditaction values- which are different and hence correct.
     

    The following function which parses the above XML on SDK on HealthRecordItem class

    private void AddAuditsSectionValues(XPathNavigator thingNavigator)

     

    incorrectly parses the xml and only uses data in the "updated" section always.

    You can fix the code yourself for now (since you have the full source code with SDK) or wait until Microsoft fixes it.


    Let me know if you have any questions


    -Rajesh
     

     

    Friday, November 21, 2008 10:53 AM
  • Specifically,

     

    HealthVaultDLLSource\Core\ThingInfo.cs  Line 1219 has to be changed from

     

    _created.ParseXml(updatedNav);

     

    to

     

    _created.ParseXml(createdNav);

     

    and the dll recompiled

     

    Friday, November 21, 2008 11:31 AM
  • Thanks for the report. We will fix this in an upcoming release...

    Friday, November 21, 2008 6:28 PM
  • Hi Eric,

    We are using "0.12.1887.3322" version and above same issue is exist.
    Can you please let us know in which release this issue has been resolved, so we can take thos assemblies and make our code work.

    Thanks.

    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:06 AM