400 bad request with xhtml RRS feed

• Question

• User-1023213474 posted
    Hello, I have a strange problem. I have a page (igolf.gvn.nl/b) which works fine on a mobile device without xhtml (e.g. chtml device). When I load the page from an (xhtml) Siemens S55 (or any other Siemens) device the page still loads fine, but when clicking on a link (href) a "400 bad request" error occurs. The real strange thing is that these pages are just simple (x-)html, so no strange scripting in asp or aspx. When I upload these same html pages to a Unix (Linux) server and request the exact same pages from the Siemens S55 the link works fine and I get no 400 bad request. This indicates to my opinion that the html itself is not the problem, nor is the Siemens. It looks like the configuration of the server is the problem, but why and how. The web.config cannot be the reason of the problem as this is not used by html pages, it should use the old asp dlls. Does anyone have a idea. Please help as this is a very frustrating issue and I need to solve it quickly. Regards Stefan
    Wednesday, October 8, 2003 2:29 PM

All replies

• User-1879435062 posted
    One way of debugging the issue is to trace the response sent back from the server to the browsers and then compare the traces gathered in both cases. You might find that the encoding of the url might be different !?! (this is just a wild guess...). You might also want to look up if the browser hosted on the S55 have problems with certain special characters. HTH, Bogdan
    Tuesday, October 14, 2003 2:45 PM
  • User24810136 posted
    Hi Stefan, Did you resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem with the S55. Regards, Mark.
    Friday, May 7, 2004 8:32 AM
  • User1996112458 posted
    any solution yet?
    Monday, May 16, 2005 11:48 AM