Get Metadata Dynamic Content Output RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am trying to use some system variables for various dynamic fields in the 'Get Metadata' activity (Get Metadata -> Dataset -> Add field -> Add dynamic content -> System Variables):

@pipeline().Pipeline

@pipeline().RunId

@utcnow()

The activity runs without errors, unfortunately the output does not contain information about any of those fields:

OUTPUT

{

"effectiveIntegrationRuntime":"Demo1",

"executionduration": 1033

}

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you and BR!

Robert

• Edited by Röb Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:39 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

Your understanding is correct.

The following metadata types {itemName, itemType, size, created, lastModified, childItems, contentMD5, structure, columnCount, and exists} can be specified in the GetMetadata activity field list to retrieve.

If you select {@pipeline().Pipeline, @pipeline().RunId, @utcnow()} gives output as below, because these are not specified metadata types:

{

"effectiveIntegrationRuntime":"Sample",

"executionduration": 1

}

If the above answers were helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

• Marked as answer by Röb Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:37 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

The following metadata types can be specified in the GetMetadata activity field list to retrieve:

Once debug completes you can now take a look at the output of the debug execution for any of the activities in your pipeline. We only have the one activity in this example. Click on the output to see the output values for the items selected:

For more details, refer “Get metadata activity in Azure Data Factory”.

Hope this helps.

Monday, January 28, 2019 3:44 PM
  • Hi,

thank you for your answer!

What I tried to do is using system variables as fields, like this:

...but now I understand only the predefined fields that are mentioned in the documentation can be used.

Thank you!

Robert

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:44 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Your understanding is correct.

The following metadata types {itemName, itemType, size, created, lastModified, childItems, contentMD5, structure, columnCount, and exists} can be specified in the GetMetadata activity field list to retrieve.

If you select {@pipeline().Pipeline, @pipeline().RunId, @utcnow()} gives output as below, because these are not specified metadata types:

{

"effectiveIntegrationRuntime":"Sample",

"executionduration": 1

}

If the above answers were helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

• Marked as answer by Röb Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:37 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Great, thanks!
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:38 PM