Multiple windows when Silverlight OOB loaded in fullscreen RRS feed

• Question

• When I start a silverlight OOB application in fullscreen and try an alt tab, I can see an additional window which has the same title of the silverlight application; the window style for this window is normal and the content is just black background, and if we try to close this window, both the full screen window and the normal window will close automatically!

Is there any option to hide this window?

Dev Platform: VS 2010, SL 5

Monday, March 5, 2012 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hey,

I just tried myself and get the same issue. Under http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189023(v=vs.95).aspx?ppud=4 I found this annotation:

"When an application stays in full-screen mode while inactive, users can switch to other applications. This includes the original host browser or out-of-browser window, where the embedded Silverlight plug-in will display an empty area while the application is in full-screen mode."

Maybe this describes the problem

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:54 AM

All replies

• How comes it that an additional window is openend? I also have an OOB app and when I put it to fullscreen I still have only the main window. By fullscreen, do you mean "maximizing" the window or is there any special fullscreen-mode? Sorry for not answering the question, but I try to understand your problem first 

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:20 AM
  • Thank you roni-in for the reply. Even I don't understand the reason for the additional window :). Here is a screenshot for your reference

Multiple windows

This is when you hover on the OOB application. The main application (Orange) is in Full screen mode and I did a Alt + Tab to view this mode!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:22 AM
  • Hey,

I just tried myself and get the same issue. Under http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189023(v=vs.95).aspx?ppud=4 I found this annotation:

"When an application stays in full-screen mode while inactive, users can switch to other applications. This includes the original host browser or out-of-browser window, where the embedded Silverlight plug-in will display an empty area while the application is in full-screen mode."

Maybe this describes the problem

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Thank a lot Roni-in! It worked with the option None!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:13 AM