none
Napa installation fails

Question

• I am trying to install Napa Office 365 Development tools on my development site.  When I try to do so, I get the following error;

Sorry, something went wrong.

2119ad51-dc00-4804-9a6e-9629f0a97ea8

Not a very helpful error, any assistance would be gratefully received.

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For SharePoint Online Environment, I can reproduce this issue when installing Napa app, I think this should be a common issue now. And for SharePoint Online, not be able to check ULS log like On-Premise Server.

But never mind, if want to do SharePoint add-in development, just install the Visual Studio and start the development as suggested above.

Here is a demo about developing SharePoint add-in with Visual Studio in SharePoint Online:

Get started creating SharePoint-hosted SharePoint Add-ins

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by SkinnyPete_63 Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi SkinnyPete,

NAPA tool has been fully retried and its not available in office 365 environment but alternative way to create a SharePoint hosted app using Visual studio.

below link may help you to create SharePoint hosted app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-started-creating-sharepoint-hosted-sharepoint-add-ins 

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

• Marked as answer by SkinnyPete_63 Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:32 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi SkinnyPete_63.

You have to examine the SharePoint ULS logs: look for that correlation ID to get more detailed information about the error that occurred.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Hi SkinnyPete,

As Luigi's suggestion, you will need to check SharePoint ULS log for more detailed information.

And if you want to develop SharePoint Add-in, you could also install Visual Studio to develop directly.

You could use ULS Viewer to check the ULS log easily:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44020

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Thanks for the response, sorry, I should have made it clear.  This is SharePoint Online, does that make a difference?  I ran the ULS viewer, but that appears to be for on prem.  I am the site admin, so I should be able to do what  I want.......
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

For SharePoint Online Environment, I can reproduce this issue when installing Napa app, I think this should be a common issue now. And for SharePoint Online, not be able to check ULS log like On-Premise Server.

But never mind, if want to do SharePoint add-in development, just install the Visual Studio and start the development as suggested above.

Here is a demo about developing SharePoint add-in with Visual Studio in SharePoint Online:

Get started creating SharePoint-hosted SharePoint Add-ins

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by SkinnyPete_63 Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi SkinnyPete,

NAPA tool has been fully retried and its not available in office 365 environment but alternative way to create a SharePoint hosted app using Visual studio.

below link may help you to create SharePoint hosted app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-started-creating-sharepoint-hosted-sharepoint-add-ins 

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

• Marked as answer by SkinnyPete_63 Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:32 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:30 AM