none
How to use a math equation editor on Forms in VS2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I searched through a math editor like MS Math Equation Editor, whether it's embedded or a pop-up. When I enter the related posts, using key words such as 'Math Editor', 'Math Equation', 'Equation Editor'., they no longer exists or are about charged products. Someone says "if it is distributed as a stand-alone executable (.exe), you could use the Process.Srart method to start it." Even in that case, I need an open program.

Yesterday, I asked on another thread about an ActiveX used for math editor, but after I got a simple reply, it stroke me that the ActiveX is a part of charged program. In addition, even if it's not for sale, it's beyond my ability to solve a problem with ActiveX.

How can I get a math equation editor and use it in the type of Embedded or Pop-up?

I'm still no further forward for a few days. I need any help.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 6:00 PM

Answers

• I searched through a math editor like MS Math Equation Editor, whether it's embedded or a pop-up. When I enter the related posts, using key words such as 'Math Editor', 'Math Equation', 'Equation Editor'., they no longer exists or are about charged products.

You have not responded to the thread you started yesterday.  What was the result when you asked the authors of that component?

If you have found some suitable software in your search you should indicate what problems you are having downloading or using it - perhaps someone already uses that software and knows what the problem is.  But the best source for assistance is always the site you downloaded it from.  A quick search revealed this, which seems suitable.

• Marked as answer by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:38 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:53 PM

All replies

• I searched through a math editor like MS Math Equation Editor, whether it's embedded or a pop-up. When I enter the related posts, using key words such as 'Math Editor', 'Math Equation', 'Equation Editor'., they no longer exists or are about charged products.

You have not responded to the thread you started yesterday.  What was the result when you asked the authors of that component?

If you have found some suitable software in your search you should indicate what problems you are having downloading or using it - perhaps someone already uses that software and knows what the problem is.  But the best source for assistance is always the site you downloaded it from.  A quick search revealed this, which seems suitable.

• Marked as answer by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:38 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:53 PM
  • Acamar

Sorry for late reply. I tried one way or another including yours. As you know, I didn't know anything about activeX or third party control. Until I posted this, I had thought that activeX is a kind of control such as Button, Lable, RTB... and anything additional is not needed to use it at all except to add to my Form.

Finally, I got a solution from the site it's distributed as you said before using other stand-alone programs like MathCast that you suggested.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:38 PM