none
WCF ROUTING TCP ERROR 10060 RRS feed

• Question

• This is regarding a very simple test application, since my real app has a bit of indirection before the actual wcf service is invoked. The real suite of apps are hosted in Windows services. This test is using wcf routing and , functions fine on my local machine, however when I take all the projects out to a virtual server on our network, adjust the ip addresses to reflect that of the virtual machine, my console app hosting my WCF Router is fine my console host that serves up the class that is invoked by the WCF Router also pops up and reveals the endpoints that it exposes but the console app that contacts the WCF Router screams about this TCP Timeout..

</StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to net.tcp://10.0.1.215:8080/MocServiceBus/LocalHostTest_One. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:21.1572658. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party

did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection

failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.1.215:8080. ; System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:

I am confused because this error isn't from either of the actual wcf services but just client to the Routing service and not even the worker service on the other end of the WCF Routing service. I am using IRequestReplyRouter as it was handy in the example I referenced for this,, despite the fact that my real solution will use ISimplexDatagramRouter. Again this test solution runs without error on my local machine but taking it all out to a virtual server I encounter this time out error.

Should I be trying other ports checking with infrastructure about the firewall... I don't know where to begin.. I added Service trace and the trace viewer. Many "solutions" are indicating the timeout values.  But that is odd since it runs fine,  all on my local machine and,  that the issue comes from the client calling the routing service... Should I try extended timeouts way out at the actual working service level  that the routing service calls?.. its not getting that far,, so should I be trying timeouts at the calling client to the Routing service  ??

Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:24 PM

All replies

• TCP ERROR 10060 means no response was received. Maybe a firewall is blocking outbound back to the client by protocol or outbound port.
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:04 PM
  • another test app using tcp will run just fine even with the routing service in the middle....somethings gravely amis with this service / client.   Even after adding the time out properties in the config files    to extreme values I'm getting this TCP Timeout error. Before I gut out the TCP And try WsHttp just as a test... I may attempt to reposition functional code into the test app that is using tcp....

Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:45 PM