Debug using Testing Tool and API RRS feed

• Question

• User-2122596307 posted

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in debugging my API application.

My boss provided me with a testing tool to be used in doing some test for my api. I have the solutions for the API but when I tried to run and set breakpoint in the first function to be called in my API, the program don't hit the breakpoint. I tried to attach the testing tool process in the vs but still no debugging happened.

How can I test an api using a testing tool application? Is it possible or I really need the tool's solution, add it in the api solution and do the debugging (which I don't think they can provide me the tool's solution).

Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:47 AM

Answers

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

As your description, a test tool is used to test your API, you have made a breakpoint to run the application. The application didn’t hit the breakpoint, I think the application didn’t run to the breakpoint.

1. Make sure the application runs ok without the tool and make a breakpoint in the same place, to run it.
    2. If it runs ok, I think you should take care to your tool. Understanding the function.
    3. Because we are not familiar with your tool, so it would be better to descrip the tool.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:54 AM