Duplicate slicers with the same connections RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a question about using slicers on a powerpivot cube (or SSAS cube too).

my workbook has several pivot tables and pivot charts that are on multiple worksheets. I have a slicer that has connections to all of these pivot tables.  I then  duplicated that slicer with the same pivot table connections and locate it on a different worksheet would that cause any performance issues or errors?

so far it seems to work.  changing the slicer selections on one appears to update the selections on the other.

thoughts?

thanks,

Z

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:49 PM

All replies

• Z,

There are no reasons you would see errors, this concept works really well. You can also duplicate the slicers in report filters that follow the slicer selections and offer an easy way to produce dynamic report titles etc.

You can run into performance issues with slicers when the 'Visually Indicate Items with No Data' box is checked. This ability to highlight the relevant items and show them at the top is a great feature but requires a lot of processing to work out what should be shown.

I wouldn't worry about it right now but turning of the feature can help if you start to see performance issues. 

Jacob | Please mark helpful posts and answers

Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:03 AM
  • Great Thanks Jacob.

so far i've seen no issues here too.  just wanted to be sure.

cheers.  

Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:07 AM