getting the htmlEditorExtender to work RRS feed

• Question

• User-1112034352 posted

I have a Visual Basic project that has some ajax controls in the toolbox, but it didn't have the htmleditorcontrol, which I wanted to use.  

I did have the ajaxcontroltoolkit dll in my bin folder.  So I right clicked on the toobox, and I selected 'choose items", then I browsed to my bin folder and selected that dll.  As I hoped, a whole of set of new controls, including the one I wanted, got added.

So I went to my webform, where I have a textbox that I wanted to convert to an html editor.  There was an arrow on my textbox, I clicked on that, and I selected "add extender".  I chose the htmleditorextender, and at first sight, it seemed to work. 

It produced the following html:

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBoxContents" runat="server" Height="500px" style="margin-left: 0px" 
               TextMode="MultiLine" Width="900px" ClientIDMode="Static"></asp:TextBox>
             <asp:HtmlEditorExtender ID="TextBoxContents_HtmlEditorExtender" runat="server" Enabled="True" TargetControlID="TextBoxContents">
             </asp:HtmlEditorExtender>

I also set

EnableSanitization="false"

and put a scriptmanager in the form above it.

I find that the HtmlEditorExtension simply has no effect at all on the production server - the textbox still looks like a textbox, and in my local pc, it gives errors about the UI.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:15 AM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

I find that the HtmlEditorExtension simply has no effect at all on the production server - the textbox still looks like a textbox, and in my local pc, it gives errors about the UI.

Hi GIDLIBRARY,

Thank you post the issue to asp.net forum.

As for this issue, I suggest you use the ToolkitScriptManager replace the ScriptManager in your apsx page.

And make sure the ajaxcontroltoolkit version works with .net framework.

Then when you deploy your asp.net application to production server please make sure upload the ajaxcontroltoolkit dll.

I think you should let the HtmlEditorExtension works ok on your loacl PC.

For how to use the HtmlEditorExtension, you can refer to below article.

http://www.asp.net/AjaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/HTMLEditorExtender/HTMLEditorExtender.aspx

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 18, 2014 3:39 AM