The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Slow loading after publishing my site RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web app deployed on a basic app service plan.

The first time I go to the site right after publishing it the site is really slow as I go to each page of the web site.

I assume this is because it is having to JIT each of the pages source code files or do some other processing.

I would like to know the best way to speed this up.

I know that I can scale up the service plan to a better server, but first I want to know if there is a way to determine where the bottleneck is. I am using DocumentDB and Storage service and SQL Server along with the app service.

Is there a way to tell which thing is the culprit?

If it is the app service do I want to upgrade the server or scale out the server? I think scaling out would be if I have more than one person trying to hit the site at the same time. I don't think that is the problem as we are still in dev stage and no one is really hitting it.

Any advise would be great.

Math Sniper 3D, Math Aerobat, Math Gardener, Space Math, Lander Mania, Zombie Sniper 3D, Daniel Kole's DeadlySpace

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:01 PM

All replies